GOBA Church Revitalization
The Greater Orlando Baptist Association developed a new ministry team across our association three years ago as part of our new Executive Director of Missions, Dr. Tom Cheyney passion to see new churches planted and existing churches revitalized. It is the Church Revitalization Assistance Team. The purpose of this ministry team, is to assist our churches that are in need of help with various areas of church revitalization. If you and your church would like to schedule a time with our Executive Director of Missions to discuss renewal or revitalization you may do so by contacting the association at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a huge goal of revitalizing 75 churches within the next fifteen years.
If you are interested in serving on the Church Revitalization Assistance Team, you may contact Dr. Cheyney our EDOM at email@example.com and he will be glad to share with you ways you could be part of this vital team of leaders to help our plateauing churches. We are in need of leaders from all walks of ministry such as: Outreach, Pastoral, Education, Youth, and Singles.
North America has 340,000 churches currently that are in plateau or decline. Like any other ministry area around our country, we have churches that are in need of assistance with church revitalization and renewal. Ed Stetzer, author of Viral Churches, states, “Among churches of all sizes, growing churches are rare! In fact, they only make up about 20 percent of our churches today. The other 80 percent have reached a plateau or are in decline.”
While we have many healthy and growing churches, we still must work to embrace our churches that are in need of renewed health and evangelistic vitality. Did you know that 80 percent of fast-growing churches put at least 10 percent of their budget towards outreach and evangelism?
Planting new churches and revitalizing existing ones is not a choice we must make between two ideals. Rather it is a choice we must make to fulfill two ideals. On the one hand, if you are interested in leading a church revitalization movement from an established church, then help your people see the possibilities that lie ahead. A word of encouragement here is do not be surprised to see the revitalization of the established church as you participate in mission activities and challenge your people to give sacrificially towards mission causes such as Church Revitalization through the Greater Orlando Baptist Association.
Strengthening Existing Churches
GOBA Church Development offers to network, equip, assist, and resource GOBA leaders and churches in: Church Music, Discipleship, Pastoral Ministries, Student Ministry, Senior Adult Ministry, Sunday School, Disaster Relief, Chaplaincy, and Leadership Development, so that they may become healthy, growing and reproducing churches.